>> As Dave said, you should probably look into tweaking the Eclipse JVM
memory If you google "Eclipse JVM" or "Eclipse ini" I'm sure something
useful will come up.

Dave, Muzak -

Hey thanks guys.  However, been there and done that tweaking of the ini
a few times to create more heap space. Initally, I discovered the
problem was the ini file was actually MISSING from my
Flexbuilder/Eclipse install (after my license was purchased, it was
pushed to my machine via Tivoli - I'm sure that's what caused the
problem - the person who packed it in Tivoli probably did it wrong), so
I had to manually create it with notepad and then tweak the settings as
per what people on the Flexcoders list advised and also tried things in
articles.  Thanks though.  The version of Eclipse is just what came out
of the box from Adobe, so it should work.  However, I may try
re-installing that too.  I wonder if there are any other files missing -
Flexbuilder works fine with otherwise.

I had not seen that article before in my research Muzak, thanks!  I'll
try that out.  This experience has made me really dislike the fact that
Adobe essentially built an Eclipse Plug-in instead of a single app, but
I also understand why they did it.  It makes it difficult to know what
to tweak, where to tweak it,etc.  And also trying to explain this to the
guy creating the Tivoli push was pretty hard - he didn't get the concept
too well, which is I'm sure what started the problem in the first place
when it wasn't packaged right.

>> If you're using the Flex Builder integrated install

What does that mean?  How would I know?  Thanks.

Jason Merrill

Bank of  America   Global Learning
Shared Services Solutions Development

Monthly meetings on the Adobe Flash platform for rich media experiences
- join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community