> I understand what you mean, but I am using the stand alone.  If Flexbuilder
> had been its
> own 100% Adobe-made application (meaning not coupled to Eclipse), having the
> stand
> alone version of Flexbuilder, I could still download and run Eclipse
> separately and use it for
> other things.

Oh, you can still do that if you want to. Our training rooms have both
installed - FlexBuilder standalone and Eclipse with the FlexBuilder
plugin. That does take extra disk space, though.

> And Adobe loses a lot of control over the UI by having it be integrated or as
> a plug-in for
> Eclipse - or at least, they have not modified it to look like other Adobe
> apps - it looks totally
> separate.

Yes. But I like this. And for what it's worth, there are other Adobe
apps built on Eclipse, like LiveCycle Workbench and the upcoming CF
editor "Bolt". Adobe is definitely moving to Eclipse for programming
IDEs.

> Also, due to the nature of working for a huge company with lots of IT
> security measures, we
> have to go through lengthy architecture reviews of software before it gets
> installed.  Since
> Eclipse is basically an open-sourced application, and is always changing, it
> makes it much
> harder to get through our approval process.

Just pick a version and stick with it. You don't have to upgrade
Eclipse. I don't think the version of Eclipse that's bundled with the
FlexBuilder install has changed.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/