No i cant use XML since eventually it will be a PLS file (Winamp Shoutcast), I wrote a library that parses a PLS file (Playlist file from Winamp Shoutcast server) (http://code.google.com/p/as3plsreader/) this all works fine from with AIR, IF I have the file already saved to local disk.

So my final test is to directly load the PLS from the shoutcast server.
That why i need to convert the event.target.data to a File... Cant i do:

var f:File = new File(event.target.data) ?

Do you have any other suggestion on how to do this?

Greets Sid