beno - wrote:
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Gregory Boudreaux <gjboudre...@fedex.com>wrote:

What is setting "e" in your code?

It the remnants of a solution using an event handler - hence the "e:Event". You can also see the remnants of code for controlling MovieClips using enterframe (a pointless exercise to avoid adding stop on the timeline). All this stuff is clearly beyond Beno.

I have no idea. This is what was suggested to me on this list once upon a
time. I presume that's the problem. The idea was to make the mc run when the
code entered a certain frame, as you can see by the commented-out line and
the trace:

  public function myLeftHand(e:Event=null):void
    {
    if (e.target.currentFrame == 10) { trace("yes") };
    var mcHandInstance2A:mcHand = new mcHand();
    addChild(mcHandInstance2A);
    mcHandInstance2A.x = 800;
    mcHandInstance2A.y = 200;
//    if (e.target.currentFrame == 40) TweenMax.to(mcHandInstance2, 2,
{x:200, startAt:{totalProgress:1}}).reverse();
  }

What should it be? How do I tie it in to the rest of the code?
TIA,
beno
Beno, have you ever considered that programming is not for you? So far you have had a ton of help on a very simple example and very little of that assistance seems to have stuck. What you have now is a real hotpotch of the "solutions" provided and where you have been guided to a simple solution you've totally ignored it,

Have you programmed anything before?

A lot of people start with little knowledge and work up step by step. You're just wasting everyone's time with this because the advice really isn't sticking and it's apparent that any project of complexity is beyond your capabilities - at least in the near term.