On 3/8/2012 11:16 AM, Terry Riney wrote:
On 3/8/2012 9:49 AM, Ross Sclafani wrote:
This guys approach sounds a lot like mine. At an airport but I'll try to check out his files

Ross P. Sclafani
Owner / Creative Director
Neuromantic Industries
http://www.neuromantic.com
http://ross.sclafani.net
http://www.twitter.com/rosssclafani
347.204.5714

On Mar 8, 2012, at 9:14 AM, Terry Riney<tri...@blueridgetechsolutions.com> wrote:

Good morning,

Like others before me I would like to really learn MVC by first doing my own as opposed to a framework. This link is very close to what I need to accomplish:

http://www.ultrashock.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/80283/

I have put my work in but keep getting block in one way or another, can anyone point me in the direction of this setup in AS3 so I can at least get that part of the plan out of the way (this link is AS2 and it seems any reference to AS3 on this site is a dead end).

Any help would be appreciated.

Terry Riney

Thanks, Ross. The author uses a Factory Method and I want to create different sets of games each with it's own sound/grid so I was going to substitute an Abstract Factory like this:

http://www.as3dp.com/2009/01/actionscript-30-abstract-factory-design-pattern-multiple-products-and-factories/

That is the first change. I will begin transition his code to as3 this afternoon though it takes me a little longer than most so someone may post it before I finish but at least one can see I am attempting to give it a go.

I suppose everyone has their own project structure, thought I would just use default package. Hopefully this thread will generate the interest the other mvc threads have and others will begin to agree on one:

package
{
    public class GameUpdate
    {
        public var state:String;
        public var images:Array;
        public var img_index:Number;
        public var title:String;
        public var percent:Number;

public function GameUpdate(state:String, images:Array, img_index:Number, title:String, percent:Number) {
            this.state = state;
            this.images = images;
            this.img_index = img_index;
            this.title = title;