On 18/09/2012 10:48, Cédric Muller wrote:
Jon Bradley wrote :
The problem of flash for mobile is as much about politics and protecting the
Apple appstore than anything else -it seems to me that flash was a threat by
allowing apps to be produced bypassing Apples appstore.
It is the problem of HTML5 too, since all these may happen in the browser, they
all bypass and gracefully skip the appstore model.
I think the problem is the AppStore, and not the technology(ies). And you are
right, it has much to do with politics and moneymaking.

A couple of months ago I worked on an iPad project and decided to give it a go using HTML5. Part of the project used sound and video, so it required use of the HTML5 cache to permit offline use of the web app.

It all worked wonderfully until there was no internet connection. No sound or video.

It turns out that the iPad won't cache those assets so I then went ahead and rebuilt the app using Flash with an IOS target.

So Apple seems to be protecting themselves from standalone HTML5 webapps too.

Paul