Karl DeSaulniers wrote :
> Flash is not dead. It's hibernating.
> ..... With SOME of the fault in the way flash handles things.

Adobe was a little confusing on that one. It somehow proved it lacked of
vision, and failed to capitalize the 'money grabbing' process that was needed
for Mankind (sarcasm). And since then, it looks like Flash is living the
Director's fate (and maybe the Director's Cut too ...). Flash is still very
good, as a runtime. As are a lot of runtimes. What we observe is that browsers
are runtimes, and that we can do many things with them that don't justify Flash
use anymore (as it was always the case, take the usability gurus .. err
darketers ). So all in all, Flash Player is still a strong runtime that lets
developpers leverage some amazing things with it. Moreover, this AppStore storm
got rid of a lot of bad Flash use (indirectly, a lot of bad applications with
bad usability principles can be found on the iOS ecosystem from now on). Flash
is now considered as a technology, and no more as a new paradigm (which is what
the iOS AppStore is currently going through). 15 minutes of fame.

Cedric.

Sorry for the OT, as I don't really anything to add regarding vectors vs
bitmaps ... though I 'plus' the view that it truly depends on the utilization:
sometimes bitmaps are better, sometimes vectors are better: know your tech and
make experiments in order to test in real situations. (Though I was amazingly
amazed by the way Flash Player simply merges with Retina displays, for example.
Vectors power!)