Flash would not have been an option when the first iPhone came out, we all know
it by now.

Apple is too protective, but that's why they achieved to release hardware that
always work with their OS and apps. That's a true plus when it comes to users;
though it is getting less innovative with the latest OS X releases,
everything is melting into that iOSish aspect of locking in user experience. I
am not a supporter (writing this from an iMac, with the latest OS, with its
hidden files truely hidden: hello Terminal). Being dependent (addict) was never
(and will never be) a good thing for a human. Plus, Apple is among the few to
be able to make 'programmed obsolescence' look like a false concept. Consumers
are waiting in queues to buy new hardware, screaming when they get out with
their Graal. And journalists are taking pictures of these scenes and are
thrilled as never when they are reporting these. Looks like bad medicine for me.

Why everyone went down that road ? because iPhone took over the mobile market,
making giants of the industry crumble to the sea and then there is that
'sectarian' aspect of people consuming Apple products. It is a horde, and
journalists that cover technology are all biased and never critical (do they
have any means to be critical ?) towards new Apple products. I am not calling
for a conspiracy, nor do I need one. I just seem to observe that technology
journalists are not factual, nor visionary. Take political journalists for
example, they always have the guts to say things that near facts.

Cedric