I personally think that if Flash wants to compete with the likes of HTML 5 and jQuery, it needs to step out of the plugin area. Make it an EMCA viable script language. Like Actionscript becoming Javascripts competitor. Make it so Actionscript can control and manipulate DOM.
Just sayin..

Karl

PS: I don't think the original topic was vectors anyway, so your good. :)