anon functions benefit from coding speed and lose all benefits of static typing,

this is why they are perfectly suited to javascript and poor tools in as3.0,
although i try to avoid them in js also because i prefer code organization over
script size -- i let uglify.js take care of that part.

On Oct 24, 2012, at 10:08 AM, "Merrill, Jason"
<jason.merr...@bankofamerica.com> wrote:

> Ok, what's a good case to use them?  Just curious, I have never found a
> situation where they were warranted.
>
> Jason Merrill
> Instructional Technology Architect II
> Bank of America  Global Learning
> 703.302.9265 (w/h)
>

> _______________________

>>> button2_btn.buttonMode = true;
>>> button1_btn.useHandCursor = true;
>>> button2_btn.useHandCursor = true;
>>> button1_btn.mouseChildren = false;
>>> button2_btn.mouseChildren = false;
>>>
>>> button1_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, function() {
>>> changeSelect(1); }); button2_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,
>>> function() { changeSelect(2); });
>>> button1_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER, function() {
>>> toggleB1(2); }); button2_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER,
>>> function() { toggleB2(2); });
>>> button1_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OUT, function() {
>>> toggleB1(1); }); button2_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OUT,