Sometimes anonymous and inline functions as terms are used interchangeably.

I wrote an addOnce method that utilized a closure - an inline function (it wasn't anonymous though) that subscribed to the main add (this is a Signals implementation) method, then removes itself from within itself, and calls the user func.
https://github.com/CaptainN/SignalsLite/blob/master/src/com/unfocus/signalslite/SignalLite.as

I tend to agree with you though in general. It's easier to work with classes and class methods than with a hundred closures, especially during debugging (and especially when they're all unnamed).

That said, JavaScript (which doesn't have proper classes, only prototypes and closures) can be quite fun.
https://github.com/CaptainN/SignalsLite.js

There again, it's actually a lot better to name your functions (even inline ones) because then they show up with a name in the error messages. ;-)

Kevin N.