That didn't fix my problem. :(
I got all excited too.. lol

Karl

On Oct 24, 2012, at 5:38 PM, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:

I did start with a AS2 FLA and switched to AS3.
So your saying the IDE does not add the appropriate stuff when you just convert?????
WTF! Good to know Kevin.
Thanks

Best,
Karl

On Oct 24, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Kevin Newman wrote:

When I first started in AS3, there were two blocks that caught me up a lot. I started from an older AS2 FLA and then converted to AS3 - that was the cause of the problem.

If you do that, you end up with an AS3 fla that doesn't have the right settings in the AS3 Properties panel. You won't have automatically declare stage instance set, or strict mode (you want both).

Also, to get actual line numbers with errors, you'll need to check "allow debugging" in publish settings - I know it sounds like it's a permissions thing, but it really enables debugging symbols to be embedded in the swf, so that when you get an error, you'll actually get a useful error number with it.

Good luck!

Kevin N.

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm