The touchscreens I've done recently have to on 50" screens, mostly in a
vertical orientation. It's ironic that gestures and touch/swipe was brought to
us by Apple and all the screens have PC drivers only. :) Go figure.

The hardware is dependent on what your program will be doing. I've had some
that ran on anything desktop and a couple that a separate running animated
video background for each of seven sections, plus 20 selectable videos and a
125meg attract video, along with all the content and graphics for the seven
sections and we brought just about every PC to its knees. Ended up with a very
high box, with a beefy graphics card.

So really your hardware selection gets driven by what your going to build,
system resource requirements, usage (kids :), a length service (time wise).

If you want specific hardware spec's, I could ask a couple of my clients what
they settled on.

Later,

John R. Sweeney Jr.
Senior Interactive Multimedia Developer