Hi Natalia,
Well I know of an AS2 way of doing it, but not AS3.
Someone may be able to shed some light on that for you.
You can get data from a database with a server side language like
PHP or ASP and send the data to flash. Again, I am rusty at AS3.
I have successfully done such with AS2 so I know it can be done.

I even think that it was as easy as an echo() from PHP back to my flash site with a loadVariable() function in flash.
But dont quote me. Has been a little while. :)

Plenty of google questions on this.

google..

flash AS3 to PHP example
PHP to flash AS3 example

Might yield just what your looking for. Substitute ASP for PHP if that is your server language.

HTH,

Best,
Karl