I have a task server running on AIR (for generating images and other static website assets - it's part of a CMS) running on a local machine that stays up for weeks. You'll have to find and fix any memory leaks, or infinite event loops (and event handler build ups, etc.), and things like that. AIR itself shouldn't have any problem running that long (barring of course any uncovered bugs in uncovered corners of the AIR API that you may uncover).

Of course, it can be pretty difficult to find this kind of stuff without a good debugger and profiler - and debugging and profiling workflow.

The event stuff is probably the hardest part to manage in the Flash API with regard to memory leaks. You really do just have to make sure to unhook all the events once they are no longer needed - or even better, just reuse the ones you set only once.

Kevin N.