hmmmm, how long are you talking it being used for?

I have made apps for samsung galaxy tabs that have run all day and don't
seem to have had too many problems (well not ones they've told me about!)
and I think sometimes they were left on for days and still worked.

But we do include functionality so the user can quit the app within the app
if necessary.

David

On 23 November 2012 10:27, Paul A. <p...@ipauland.com> wrote:

> I've been asked about making a long-running app for a Samsung android
> tablet.
>
> In the past, I made one for a windows tablet but there was clearly a
> memory leak (not that I could find it in my code) and after being active
> for many, many hours it would hit a problem.
>
> We looked at automating a restart of the app to get around this.
>
> If I encounter the same issue on the Samsung, would I be able to restart
> the app before it happens?
>
> Or does anyone who has developed similar have any advice?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

David Hunter

www.davidhunterdesign.com