In case you don't find your company listed on NYSE then forget about
Flex :)) It's sad, but true... Flex was successfully adopted by big
financial companies and MM feels that can push the price a little bit
higher to increase their  revenue... and unfortunately make it more
prohibitive for small-medium shops.

The weird thing is that we tend to overlook the serious
problems/limitations this product has. I've seen dozens of issues
peoples had with this product some of them really put me in
perspective... Keep in mind that not all the apps are datagrids,
flash animations, etc... and the lack of  multilingual support, very
limited charting engine,  memory issues are only a few of the things
that people should consider before buying this product or being so
excited about it....

In fact is just a "presentation layer" that stays on top of your
application... Flex is not a standalone product, we still need an
application servers, database, etc.. and the cost adds up... I don't
want this product for free but the way MM treated us disrespectfully
makes me sick...

Another drawback is the complexity that has been added to development
cycle. All of the sudden, we are talking about controllers, views,
commands, value objects, data type mapping... on the presentation
side... It's a lot of redundancy and in my view that should make this
product less desirable....

Yes, Flex is nice, nice features for "flashy"  projects but is too
early to say it's a reliable tool for production, because too few
people really deployed or used the application in prod for a decent
period of time... Have you ever find a log when the browser crashes?
or when the loader is taking so long to render a page...

It's premature to say that Flex will be a success....and I really do
want so... but in the same proportion those project might fail
miserably regarding their stability.... MM products scalability it
something I wouldn't rely too much....

In conclusion, I think this is a list for people who really have
technical difficulties and need help and less for IT managers that
would want to buy... In fact is MM business how they'll manage to
sell Flex and convince IT architects that this is a valid option.

I'm less concern about MM revenue numbers, just concern on the impact
the prices might have on my clients.....

Regards,
Michael

PS: DO NOT intend to contact MM people off list for favors...