Hi Ted:

I agree with Andrew totally. Using remoteobject to invoke the cfc on
the server is a much more efficient. I've been using remoteobject to
access cfc and it works beautifully.

A question for you: Are you going to be running cf7 and flex on the
same jrun instance?

If you are, keep in mind the following:

1. Remove the flash remoting gateway that is installed by default with
cf7 (through jrun admin).

2. Make sure that in the flex-config.xml, you have the following value
setup for the amf-gateway (under remote-object node).

        <amf-gateway>{context.root}/amfgateway</amf-gateway>

3. When calling the remote object (cfc), make sure to add the correct
endpoint (in the example code below). So, for example, if you were
going to call a cfc called foo with the path myfolder/folder/foo.cfc,
you'd use the following call:

        <mx:RemoteObject id="myService" source="myfolder.folder.foo"
endpoint="@ContextRoot()/flashservices/gateway">
        </mx:RemoteObject>

Hope this helps.

Indy