----- Original Message -----
From: "brucewhealton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:32 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Couple questions

> Paul,
>      Thanks for the tip.  I wonder if the AS 3.0/Flex library includes
> any components that would work as slides players.  My flex builder
> application is having problems when I try to pull up the help
> files/documents.  So, would you know of where I could go to find info.
> on what is available in terms of components and  such...  even if I had
> to extend something that is probably better than starting from scratch
> if something close to what I need already exists.

If it does, I don't know of a component out there to control converted
powerpoint slides. The problem is that currently these coverters target a
different flash virtual machine to that used for AS3/Flex and as such there
is only a small market for this kind of bespoke application. In practice the
slide converters come with a slide player solution of their own and their
target is end users rather than custom component developers.

I gave up trying to control my slides from AS3 and coded the solution using
AS2. Sorry, but I can't donate the code.

You can get hold of the flex help info online :
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/ (google is your friend)

It's not the most trivial thing to write a custom slide player if your
having to find everything out from scratch. Couldn't you just go with a
slide player that's shipped with many converters?

Anyway, good luck.

Paul