On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 15:09, Alex Perry wrote:
> > The static system will probably be more challenging as that's where most
> > of the subtle errors seem to crop up.  Cessna gives tables relating IAS
> > to CAS (which is largely the static source error).  If that's standard
> > practice, incorporating a table read-in and lookup might be a good idea.
>
> I don't think so.
>
> Static source errors occur mostly
> 1.  In slips, especially for aircraft with one static port
> 2.  When alternate static (i.e. cockpit) is selected
>
> Pitot source errors occur mostly
> 1. In slips, especially in full forward slips
> 2. At unusual angles of attack, especially no-flap slow flight

And so, I stand by my statement.  Most of the time the static errors
are the ones that you need to worry about.  You don't spend alot of time
at either high angles of attack or high sideslip angles.

> The IAS calibration table is mostly for pitot, due to angle of attack.
> The ALT calibration table is mostly for static, due to the alternate.

Tony Peden
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
We all know Linux is great ... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
-- attributed to Linus Torvalds