Alex Perry writes:
> > The static system itself needs a little more work, including support
> > for multiple static ports, sideslip errors, and alternate air (from
> > inside the cabin); those won't be hard to add, but if anyone (Alex?)
> > wants to take a look at src/System/static.[ch]xx and add them in
> > before I have a chance, feel free.  Note that any improvements to the
> > static system automatically propagate themselves to the instruments.
>
> You need to handle the special case of large dt (as well as negative)
> more carefully ... for the same reasons as I did in Steam's function.

Yes, if you use an int and track time in increments of 1 / 1,000,000
then you get about 30 minutes before you hit an anomaly.  This bug
caused problem in the past such as radio station searches to only
happen every other 30 minute period, or panel text to stop updating.
You have to be very careful to think through the amount of possible
time accumulation when doing the math.  This is a subtle bug because
when you are developing code, you rarely test for more than a few
seconds at a time.  That said, I haven't looked closely to see if any
of these problems are in the latest code ... but it's something to
keep in mind when dealing with time sensitive code.