Tony Peden writes:

 > > This is a good discussion to start.  I'm inclined to eliminate tying
 > > altogether and have every module set properties explicitly; what does
 > > everyone else think?
 >
 > I'd really like to see tying stay in.  I'm not sure we ever would have
 > incorporated the property tree into JSBSim without it.

In that case, if we want change events to work, we'll have to do one
of the following:

1. Require every module that ties a property to fire an update event
   whenever the value changes; or

2. Poll tied properties with change listeners attached inside the
   property system and fire the events when appropriate.

I'd be include towards #2, since it would centralize the polling and
do it only when actually needed.

All the best,

David

--