Jim Wilson wrote:
Recently I've been looking at potential solutions to doing a glass cockpit
display in flightgear.  The 2D panel system just doesn't provide anywhere near
the functionality to do it, so I've pretty much decided that isn't an option.

The two possible options that come to mind are as follows:

1) Use the current 3D Modeling system.  There are two critical things that

2) Take code from the opengc project and change it so that it gets data
There is a third option:
use glDrawPixels to draw essentially a constantly updating texture.

I have no idea about the performance penalty it involves, but it might be worht looking into.

Erik