Jim Wilson wrote:

One option would be to just leave the "v" the way it is and come up with a key
combo that jumps directly to the two views you want to access easily.  CTRL+v
goes directly to view 1 now.  Maybe something else could go directly to view 2
how about CTRL+SHIFT+V?  Or actually CTRL+V could go to View 1 if you are on
any other view,  and go to View 2 if you are already on View 1....making it a
jump to and toggle.

Hmm, this makes me think we could use the Linux way of switching text consoles: alt+F1 ... alt+F8 -> 8 different views!

Erik