Curtis L. Olson writes:

> Hi Norman,
>
> I appreciate your experience and that your comment is well informed,
> but taken at face value, it doesn't do much to inform the rest of us.
> Can you list any supporting reasons?  That's kind of what I was
> angling for in my original posting.

I use OSG it in several projects and keeping a gnu WIN32 port going
is a *MAJOR* PITA

in fact currently I seem to be the only one who can compile
the examples with Cygwin

That said OSG is a powerful and rapidly growing library that I
appreciate enough to help maintain but I can not reccomend it
'yet' for a cross platform multiprogrammer project such as FGFS.

Give it 6 months or so and my opinions might change but for now
I reccomend FlightGear staying with SSG

appreciating-the-Simple-in-SSG-more-each-dail'ly yr's

Norman