Curtis L. Olson writes:

> I just wanted to float an idea on the list and see if anyone had any
> comments.  This isn't an official proposal and I'm not chomping at the
> bit to make a change.  It's just an idea I find interesting to think
> about and I'd like to get some sort of feedback/comments if any one
> has any.
>
> plib/ssg has served us well and when we jumped on board the plib
> bandwagon, it was the best thing available in terms of performance,
> robustness, stability, features, etc.
>
> At the risk of tainting the discussion I will say that from my
> investigation, "Open Scene Graph" seems to be the better choice.
> There are people here locally that use it, and I know that other
> flightgear developers have used it as well.

Well being the original porter and current maintainer of OpenSceneGraph's
Cygwin and MingW32 ports as well as the main WIN32 contributer < porter >
for Producer the GLUT replacement used by OSG I guess I might be in a
position to make a relatively informed comment.

I reccomend staying with SSG

HTH

Norman