On Thursday 16 October 2003 21:27, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 13:15, Lee Elliott wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 October 2003 20:59, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > Eeep, was working late....
> > >
> > > http://pwp.netzon.net/~stargoat/Shar/sharskel.ac

> > Got it - needs a bit more work methinks;)
> >
> > (all I could see were the four profiles)
> >
> > LeeE
> >

> Needs a tad more lol. Once I get the cockpit right its then onto the
> other areas, but cockpit is not coming out very well at the moment.
> Doing seperate halves is probably the best way to go with this, any
> hints on best techniques for making a good cockpit?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Along with splitting the 3-view into separate top, side and front
templates, and aligning them, if I have any x-sections I'll put them in
the appropriate places and use them as guides.

I tend to pick the widest or most complex x-section in the fuselage as a
starting point and create a syrface from it, which I then extrude to the
front and back of the a/c.  After I've extruded a section I stretch/
re-scale it in the top and side views to match up with the 3-view
templates and the profile, if one exists, at that point in the fuselage.

This will give you the basic form of the a/c which you'll then have to
fine-tune.  I find I spend a lot of time in front/rear view when doing
the fine stuff.

LeeE