Martin Spott wrote:
Erik Hofman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just read about an XML based 3d file format:
http://www.xglspec.org/

We might want to keep an eye on that.

I must admit that I didn't understand the advantage over existing 3D
object/scene description file formats,

I wonder if this is intended to be a better vrml? Although it's not clear that the authors of xgl are aware of vrml ...

The thing about 3d file formats is that there's never one that does exactly everything you need. So you might as well start a new format and toss it into the mix. :-)

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org
Minnesota      http://www.flightgear.org/~curt  http://www.flightgear.org