On Saturday 14 February 2004 13:07, Vivian Meazza wrote:

> > every frame.

> > > These days, it's not even a spec on a flea on the butt of
> >
> > an elephant
> >
> > > in terms of the overall FDM calculations - which in turn
> >
> > are not much
> >
> > > of a spec on a flea in the overall FlightGear calculations.

> > > That's not the issue, though. We FDM guys know absolutely where
> > > everything is at all times within the FDMs.
> >
> > Yep:)  Everything's right where we put it:)
> >
> > LeeE
>
> I'm about halfway through generating a 3d cockpit for the Seahawk model -
> are you going to move the origin of the model? I'd like a heads up, it will
> probably affect how I go about the rest of the work.
>
> Regards
>
> Vivian

That's great news.

The only change that's likely to the Sea Hawk model will be to shift the
origin to the nose;)

This won't actually be too much of a problem and will only require simple
offsets to the numbers in the anim and fdm files:

Say I need to move the model 3 metres back and 0.1 metre up, then all we need
to do is add 3 metres to all the 'x' measurements, and 0.1 to all the 'z'
measurements in the fdm and anim files to line everything up again.

(Heh!...  or it might be _subtract_ 3 metres...  maths was never my strong
point)

LeeE