Russell Suter said:

> I suspect these properties are applied anyway -- even if they are zero.  I
> don't know if these are applied per frame or if they are applied once to
> the model.  In the latter case, you can ride the toll road all day and only
> have to pay the toll once!

Exactly.

>From sgLoad3DModel (in SimGear/simgear/scene/model.cxx):

  ssgTransform * alignmainmodel = new ssgTransform;
  alignmainmodel->addKid(model);
  sgMat4 res_matrix;
  sgMakeOffsetsMatrix(&res_matrix,
                      props.getFloatValue("/offsets/heading-deg", 0.0),
                      props.getFloatValue("/offsets/roll-deg", 0.0),
                      props.getFloatValue("/offsets/pitch-deg", 0.0),
                      props.getFloatValue("/offsets/x-m", 0.0),
                      props.getFloatValue("/offsets/y-m", 0.0),
                      props.getFloatValue("/offsets/z-m", 0.0));
  alignmainmodel->setTransform(res_matrix);

Best,

Jim