Jim Wilson writes:

> Russell Suter said:
>

> > I suspect these properties are applied anyway -- even if they are zero.  I
> > don't know if these are applied per frame or if they are applied once to
> > the model.  In the latter case, you can ride the toll road all day and only
> > have to pay the toll once!
>
> Exactly.
>
> >From sgLoad3DModel (in SimGear/simgear/scene/model.cxx):
>
>   ssgTransform * alignmainmodel = new ssgTransform;
>   alignmainmodel->addKid(model);
>   sgMat4 res_matrix;
>   sgMakeOffsetsMatrix(&res_matrix,
>                       props.getFloatValue("/offsets/heading-deg", 0.0),
>                       props.getFloatValue("/offsets/roll-deg", 0.0),
>                       props.getFloatValue("/offsets/pitch-deg", 0.0),
>                       props.getFloatValue("/offsets/x-m", 0.0),
>                       props.getFloatValue("/offsets/y-m", 0.0),
>                       props.getFloatValue("/offsets/z-m", 0.0));
>   alignmainmodel->setTransform(res_matrix);

Yup, something like that is how it's supposed to work but ...

I remember your asking about how to set this up and that you didn't like
the axis angle form that we were using but I hadn't realized that this code
had actually changed ...  hmm...

I have to think about this for a while ...

anyway see attached for a much quicker equivalent of the current code

Norman