Lee Elliott wrote:
> I think drop tanks would be feasible but it would need some thinking
> about:)
>
> The fun bit will be counteracting the a/c manuevours after the tank
> has dropped so it falls straight even though the a/c may be climbing
> and banking.

This is more of a code architecture issue.  Once something has left
the aircraft, it ought be be handed to a simple "ballistics FDM" or
somesuch.  Making it "disappear" from the aircraft model is as simple
as adding a select animation and can be done right now.  And you can
set the weight tag to zero to get the FDM behavior correct.

Running it under a separate "FDM" handler is something that the C++
code just doesn't support yet, though.  It's probably not hugely
difficult to make work, though.

Andy