One feature in JSBSim that I began and have not yet finished (pending other
things) is a parent/child capability. You can (for instance) load a Mk82 on
an F-16 and the physical effects of the Mk82 will affect the F-16. The
position is based on the position of the parent, and so is the orientation.
However, the Mk82 position is not integrated, it always has a position based
on the parent, UNTIL it is released. Then, the EOM begins integrating and
the flyout is physics based.

The child objects are each their own individual JSBSim objects in their own
right, and each could be loaded and flown by itself. The JSBSim executive is
sort of recursive in this way. Each would be addressable in a way that I
think Tony set up with Properties, but I can't recall what it is.

Technically, it is also possible for each droppable piece to have its own
propulsion and flight control system, too. The possiblities there are quite
broad.

Unfortunately, my time is getting more limited by the day.

Jon