Mathias Fröhlich wrote:

Suggestion:
Create and give each FGInterface an own subdirectory of the property tree. An FDM itself should then restrict its accesses to the property tree to values inside this directory. This would
1. open the possibility of different FDM in the same flightgear instance.
2. make clear which properties are thought to be for this FDM.

For point 1 think of a fdm of our current aircraft and a net fdm's from a different machine. You will then be able to see all aircraft full animated just by including the whole property subtree in the net fdm.

Eric called some time ago not to use a leading / for animation properties. I think that he is heading in this direction anyway. True, Eric?

True. I was working on David Culp's AIModel class and wanted to get animations working for every independent model. The way it was the animations where shared with the main FDM (like the default c172), but the AIModel class now holds it's own set of FDM specific properties in the /a1/models/aircraft[] subtrees.

This is actually quite flexible and I want to urge anyone to follow that approach because it opens up a whole new set of possibilities for further development (the radar class being one of them).

Erik