David Megginson wrote:
Andy Ross wrote:

Some of the joysticks (at least the X45, maybe others) use a "mode"
property under /input/joysticks/js[0] to track switch positions.  But
this can easily be moved somewhere else; or just left in place as a
lonely, vestigial relic of code gone by.

I have no trouble leaving that in place, since it's state information rather than configuration information.

I seem to remember that a while ago some people were rebinding keys in the airplane config files (I was probably one of them). Is that still happening? If so, we'll need a better approach either way, but I don't want to do anything that will make some of the planes suddenly stop working.

All the best,

David

Yes, people are still doing that, though I think there needs to be a better way of redefining keys for individual aircraft. The current method is getting a little chaotic, and some functions have already been overwritten for some aircraft. Sorry, don't have the examples handy.

Josh