Christian Brunschen wrote:

By allowing aircraft to provide hints, we could actually include a few different keyboard & joystick configurations to match different broad types of aircraft, or different broad capabilities (ie, sets of instruments and controls), which could allow those keyboard configurations to be less cramped than one single default that tries to please everyone. And those hints could also be used by users who have customised their own configurations.

Whatever we do, it should be self documenting. There should be a way to turn on something like tooltips for clickable regions. I can see something like cycling between just the panel displayed, to clickable regions displayed, to clickable regions displayed with little glowing letters for the key presses to activate them down in each lower right corner. More importantly, you should be able to bring up a window that shows every key you can press at the moment with a name for its function.

Josh