Jason Cox wrote:

Curt,
In my on going quest to compile local scenery, I was wondering if you
just run a script that makes all the scenery or do you do each step
individualy ?
If you do run a script, is it posible for you to release it to the list
or on FlightGear ?
thanks
jason cox

Jason,

I typically run the individual "prep" tools by hand ... and for the most part, once that's done, it's done and I don't have to do it again unless the underlying data changes (i.e. an update to vmap0 is released, or an update to SRTM, etc.) And in that case, I just have to re-prep that particular data set.

The one item that changes frequently is the airport data, but I run that tool by hand as well.

For the final scenery assembly, all the frontend scripts I run are in the src/BuildTiles/Parallel/ directory. This allows me to run a task server to manage the build (or a portion of it) and then I can throw as many clients as I have available at the job of actually building scenery. This is very disk io intensive though so it's not as conducive to massively distributing the work (like SETI for instance.)

Regards,

Curt.