On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:30:25 -0500
 "Norman Vine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Curtis L. Olson writes:

I think we are limiting the discussion here to only flying control surface positions, i.e.

As you point out those are only a small subset of the Control class abstaction.

So specialize these if esired but ....
IMO the 'slippery slope principal' is in play here

It's a matter of not trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Consideration of a subclass here is warranted.

BTW It is peculiar how one of the argument for using degrees
"because it cuts down on 'conversion code'" in SimGear is not applied to using for Geocentric Coordinates internally as SimGear and the FDMs go to great pains to pass everything as lat lons which requires duplicate conversions on both ends of the pipe :-)

?? Not sure I can parse this sentence. Can you rephrase?

Jon