Jim Wilson wrote:
From: Josh Babcock

Right, thanks. It does say .35 in the POH.

Now I have a YASim engine question. I'm trying to rebuild the YASim file from scratch to see if I can get it to work. In README.yasim, the line:
eng-rpm: The engine RPM at which eng-power is developed
what does eng-power mean? Is this the RPM where the engine catches?

Sometimes published engine specifications will say X hp at Y rpm. If you don't have that then just use the specified maximum rpm, or maximum sustained rpm, or something along those lines. You would not want to use a "dive rpm" or "war/emergency power rpm" number. For the Mustang I used 3000 (published max rpm
for merlin 1650), but according to specifications you could spin it up to something like 3500+ in a dive without blowing the engine.

Best regards,

Jim

OK, I get it, I misunderstood the prop RPM settings and got thoroughly confused. The answer to my question was actually on the previous line of the README.

Now, what does it mean if yasim sits there for 15 or more minutes at 98% CPU utilization? That's what's happening with my new yasim file.

Josh