Jon S. Berndt wrote:
> Partially right:
>
> http://www.av8n.com/how/htm/snaps.html
>
> Rudder is involved.

The link you quote describes a situation where you get into a snap
roll/spin when you don't want to.  I had something similar happen when I
was looping my R/C cub and tried to tighten up the bottom side of the
loop a little too much.

But as far as I know, rudder isn't required.  It's just that rudder (or
the lack of it (or compensating for change in rudder with aileron
deflection)) can get you into trouble a lot quicker than you might realize.

Also note that if your left wing is dropping due to being on the edge of
a stall and you try to compensate with right aileron, that will cause
the left side aileron to deflect down.  This effectively increases the
angle of attack a bit and can hasten the arrival of your spin.  But if
you don't want to spin, you might consider correcting with rudder next
time when you are at these low speeds. :-)

Curt.