> This would be hard to model using lookup tables, but it might be possible
> using JSBSim functions and a table or tables, together. Could be fun. I need
> to think about this one. The first idea that comes to mind is that if the
> aircraft speed minus the yaw rate times some characteristic lateral length
> (span/2?) falls below the stall speed, then a rolling moment would be
> generated - maybe a yawing moment, too.

There are two simulators out there that model all kinds of weird
flight situations remarkably well -- Reflex XTR and Aerofly Pro
Deluxe. Unfortunately, both are payware, but they both have a
reputation among R/C modellers that they are as realistic as it
gets. I'm not sure what kind of physics they use, but maybe we can
learn something from them in one way or another. Just a thought.

  Andras