Curtis Olson schreef:
> On 1/24/07, *Heiko Schulz* wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Sorry, but I get following message:
>     Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.
>
>     And a question: Why it is called "Danube" ?  :-)
>
>     Greetings
>     HHS
>     > Screenshots and downloadable files are at:
>     >
>     >
>     http://www.geocities.com/sandreas41/flightgear_aircraft.html
>

> It's the dreaded FlightGear effect again ... :-)
>
> Post a link on the FlightGear mailing list and that site quickly gets
> overwhelmed with too much traffic.

Same problem here.

On the Danube question: The Danube is the name of the class of a
runabout in Star Trek and was first introduced in Star Trek: Deep Space
Nine. All of DS9's runabouts were named after rivers on Earth.

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Danube_class

I'd really like some more spacecraft popping up, such as Serenity from
Firefly, which is actually a model based on real-world aviation
principles (e.g. has VTOL with reaction jets, etc.). I'm making a bit of
a case study of building a light sci-fi styled spacecraft sim based on
Serenity, which can be used for orbital flight and atmospheric flight
(and be used to simulate real-world aircraft as well). Not sure if the
sim will ever get built, but it might be possible to combine the efforts
of Orbiter (for orbital / space simulation) and FlightGear (atmo
flight), possibly with visuals on the planet from FS2004 or FSX. If you
look on the net (see link) you can find a lot of data on the Danube
class -- keep in mind that the model was never designed for real-world
flight and I'm not sure how much a good FDM would appreciate this.