* Heiko Schulz -- Friday 13 July 2007:
> O.k. - but then I think (suggestion) it should be
> seperated into branches of combat, sailing, driving,
> etc...

FDMs are already separated. You have to restart fgfs to change
the mode. (Unfortunately!)

> I can really remember, that one of you said, that the
> aim is to become a civilian simulator - so I'm
> mistaken?

Not mistaken. Rather misled, I'd say. I follow the project since
quite a while, and I'm not aware of any such goal. The official
project description doesn't mention it either. It's true that some
people have always hated any military stuff (some of them even
hate soldiers!). Some left the project because their attempts to
force the project in their favorite direction failed. But it's the
contributors who decide the direction.

There was a kind-of consensus though, that whatever military stuff
gets in shouldn't have any negative effect on the civilian side
(which is considered more important) and should be cleanly separated.
Code should be written such that it's not forced on users, and is
of generic use if possible. That is: no stuff like a drop_nuclear_bomb()
function anywhere in the code, but certainly drop_stuff().

Of course, the most important rule is: no actual humans or other
animals should get hurt with fgfs, nor should laws be violated
(at least not those in countries with sane judicial systems.  ;-)

m.