On Sunday 25 November 2007 17:01, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> - is the parking information enough for AI/Traffic. It's all
>   there is in apt.dat.gz, but the parking.xml files have more.
>   Is the extra information from different sources, or just
>   made up?

For AI/Traffic, we'd need some additional info, which is not in apt.dat file.
The additional information is created by TaxiDraw, and consists of additional
start-up location information:
- type: What type of aircraft can park here (commercial, cargo jets, military,
general aviation, etc etc.
- radius, an estimate of the parkings' size, to determine which aircraft can
park there
- airlineCodes: an optional list of comma-seperated ICAO airline codes, to
determine which airline is allowed to park where.
- In addition, there are some push back related data, but that is still in
development

And then you also have the taxiway nodes, and segments. See the wiki page I
referred to earlier. The taxiway nodes, and segments, as well as the
additional startup location data fields are created using Taxidraw.Adding
these additional data to the startup locations is a no Brainer, but adding
the ground might require a bit more discussion

Starting by having a script that creates these files straight from apt.dat is
probably a good way to go. Adding write support for the new format in
taxidraw is also not to hard, and once we have that, we can easily update the
existing groundnets and, and modify the AI system to use the new data
structure

Cheers,
Durk