Maik

> Sent: 02 December 2007 13:49
> To: FlightGear developers discussions
> Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] RFC: Control surface position damping
>

> Hi Roy,
> Roy Vegard Ovesen schrieb am 02.12.2007 14:13:
> > When prssing the 5 key on the numeric keypad to reset the
> controls to
> > zero,
> > the control surfaces instantly move to their origin.
> Similar effects can also
> > happen when an autopilot controller is activated, and when
> a noisy joystick
> > is interfering with an autopilot controller.
> >
> > I think moving a control surface, like for example the rudder, from
> > full left
> > deflection to rull right deflection in an instant is
> unrealistic. To make
> > this more realistic I think we should put in a low pass
> filter somewhere in
> > the chain from crontrol device to FDM. My first thought
> would be to do the
> > filtering just befir handing the value over to the FDM.
> >
> > Does anyone on the list have comments on this?
> >

> With YASim you can limit the speed of any control surface,
> mostly used
> for flaps.

I use it for all control surfaces where appropriate to simulate servo
response time. I would not like key 5 to muck about with this in some
pre-cooked and inappropriate way. Key 5 should be just centre the controls -
that and no more. If individual aircraft designers want to modulate it in
some way, that's down to them.

This is a bad idea.

Vivian