Hi!
It would be cool with a scalable fractal forest, where every tree
differs or is copied (depending on hardware). And then you can hook up
that system with free weaterservices like weatherunderground, and
simulate treemovments based on local weather :D
That could work for other weather in realtime also, rain when it
actually rains, and dynamicly loading a snow layer texture if its
below zero.
;)
/nisse

On 1/28/08, Ulrich Hertlein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Quoting Stuart Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Currently I create a 32x32 quadtree across the extent of the trees within
> > the
> > tile. If there are trees at each corner of the tile, that effectively means
> > Alternative approaches and any comments would be gratefully received.
>
> As I understand it you have a group of 32x32 LOD nodes for each tile.
> Have you tried using a quad-tree instead of a single node? That may help
> tremendously with the cull performance.
>
> /ulrich

Nils-Erik Svangård
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]