Hi,

> My graphics card: BFG GeForce 7800 GS OC which is an AGP 8x
> 256MB GDDR3
> My system is an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ with 2G of ram.
>
> I typically get 70 to 80 fps with 2 D clouds and I had the
> frame rate
> throttled to 30 fps when I got the 1 fps with the latest 3D
> clouds.  But
> I just tried running with 3D clouds and real weather fetch
> at KLMO and
> got 16 to 21 fps.

Let me guess: the real weather showed a complete overcast with something
looking like nimbustratus?
Yes, with that I got the same result. But with fair weather I have no problems.
Maybe we have some "cloud-modellers" beside me here, who can edit the clouds
with textures and by xml which may improve the perfomance. That's why it is
customizable...