CVS seems to have developed a bad bug (since 1.9.1 based on some
testing) where on my nVidia-based Mac, the display server hangs
completely - I can ssh in and reboot the machine from the command
line, but there's no way to get the GUI back. The crashes occur after
a few minutes (sometimes after just one minute, sometimes ten or
fifteen), and 1.9.1 seems to be okay - as does my ATI-based Mac,
running Tat's CVS macflightgear build.

*Sometimes*, instead of crashing, I instead get massive rendering
corruption - all geometry becomes mapped to a single point in the
centre of the window, at least on one vertex - this is accompanied by
long lock-ups (several seconds). Generally after some time in this
corrupted state the display server will hang as before, though if I'm
quick I can quit flightgear and not have to reboot.

Needless to say, all this makes testing very awkward.

It's possible this is related to my specific machine, i.e the 7300GT
in my Mac Pro is dying. However, 1.9.1 runs okay, and I've run other
OpenGL apps at deliberately high settings, and haven't triggered any
corruption or problems. Oh, and the crash occurs both with a build
compiled myself, and with Tat's 'official' CVS binary build, so I
don't believe it's a compiler / build problem - although my build
files are derived from macflightgear ones, so I guess it could be a
setting I've inherited from them.

Anyone have any suggestions on figuring this out? Specific CVS commits
that significantly changed OSG behaviour since 1.9.1? If anyone out
there with a nVidia based Mac could run the Macflightgear CVS build,
and report if they experience crashes or not (with OS-X 10.5.7), that
would be very useful information.

Regards,
James