Hi,

I think it might be a problem on nVidia driver update that Apple
released after 10.5.6 update. I have an iMac with nVidia GT7300, and
it also has the same problem as James has.

This problem happens not only on FG but also on some other OpenGL
based applications. On my end, ac3d locks up after some minutes or
some seconds of use.

In such case I see tons of OpenGL exceptions at /var/log/system.log
(of course via ssh).

Googling gave me some possile solution candidates:
1) PRAM reset
2) reinstall 10.5.6 combo update to bring driver back to the old one.
3) archive install and apply 10.5.6 combo update
4) use hardware test on installation disk
5) yell at Apple on this ;-)

On my end solution 1 and 2 didn't work, so will try 3 and 4 maybe
tomorrow.

I also found some web article shows that Apple stopped distributing
the nVidia driver update after several days from its release due to
tons of complaints. Of this is true, it can be the key to explain the
different situation between Jari and us.

I don't see any GUI lockups on my MacBook pro/ATI and MacBook/GMA.
Now I hate nVidia (or should I hate Apple that doesn't provides any
solution yet?)

By the way, I agree with Jari's opinion.
I guess I need to add some script or document for building a local fgfs.

I use mac specific repository since I need to make Universal binary
with GUI launcher for both Tiger and Leopard. Thus the manual building
instruction for the latest CVS is very complicated. But many users
need fgfs/CVS that runs only on their system.

I'll do something on this issue, hopefully soon.

-----
Tatsuhiro Nishioka