Hi,

I'm looking for a developer who can help me get over the hump with animating
and AC3d model.  This model is of a human figure.  It is a very basic/simple
model, but unfortunately I don't have permission to openly share it.  I can
send someone a private copy though if there is someone willing to help me
out.  (Again, the model is nothing special, you guys would look at it and
say we have better figures already in FlightGear, I just haven't been given
permission to post it on the world wide web.)  I'm getting hung up trying to
find the correct x,y,z locations for limb animation.  In flightgear, are the
coordinates we specify as the center point of rotation global (i.e. relative
to the whole model?)  Or are they relative to the local coordinate system of
the sub-component?  Since this is a simple human figure, there is some
cascading / grouping I want to maintain ... i.e. a shoulder rotation and
then an elbow rotation.

I looked at the Osprey and see that some really amazing cascading animations
are definitely possible in FlightGear, I just haven't quite sorted out
coordinate systems.  Is there anyone with ac3d model animation experience
who'd be willing to take a quick look at this and help nudge me in the right
direction?

Thanks in advance,

Curt.
--